One of the advantages of online schools is that you can study at home at times you want to study. No more getting up for 8 AM classes, if you’re a night owl. You can fit your studies around your job and your social life, as well.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: From time to time, we provide links to other web sites for the use of our visitors which have been compiled from internal and external sources. By clicking on a link below, you will be opening a new browser window and leaving our web site. Although we have reviewed the web sites prior to creating the link, we are not responsible for the content of the sites. Information on linked web site pages may become dated or change without notice, and we do not represent or warrant that information contained on these linked pages are complete or accurate. We suggest that you always verify information obtained from linked web sites before you act upon such information. By closing the window you will return to our web site.
Online universities offer education courses for most areas of interest, including: technical, vocational, training, business, and more.
They’re a convenient way to earn college credits or get your bachelors/graduate degree — usually without having to actually be on a school campus. Courses and degree programs are available for most areas of interest, including: computers, business management, education and the social sciences. Some schools even offer Masters and PhD programs.
When picking an on-line school, there’s a couple of things to ask yourself:
- Is it accredited? For that matter, in the field you’ll be working in, do you need an accredited school? If you want to transfer credits to an accredited university later on, or if you’re in a field where you must be licensed or registered, you must certainly need accreditation. In other fields, or if you’re just pursuing a course of studies for your own interest, you may not need this qualification. Accreditation gives a school credibility, but is no guarantee of the quality of the education you’ll get. It simply means that the school went through a lengthy process and lots of paperwork to prove it has certain systems in place.
- Who will be your teachers? Are they qualified experts in their field or simply someone trying to earn a little money? How much of their time will you actually have?
- How long do you have to complete the degree? Are there any deadlines you must meet? Is the schedule completely flexible, or are there terms that begin and end at certain dates?
- If you’re going for a degree, what are the degree requirements? Can you take any courses or do you have a set curriculum or mandatory courses?
- Are there any residence requirements? Contrary to popular opinions, distance learning isn’t always totally at a distance. Many schools require that you spend some time “on campus”. If that’s true for your school, find out how long and what the cost will be.
- Are there any hidden costs?
Still interested? It will pay you to do a web search for schools in the subject you want to study, but here are a few to get you started:
Name of School Description & Information Links
Sessions.edu Online School of Design
offers online web design courses and graphic design courses, as well as multimedia education. Study at an accredited graphic and web design school, get a design job and improve your design skills. All online courses at this art school are instructor-led.
American College of Computer & Information Sciences (ACCIS)
ACCIS offers a number of technology and management degrees online, allowing students to learn at their own pace and study in the comfort of their home or work environment. Choose from our accredited degree programs: Computer Science – Bachelor of Science, Master of Science Information Systems – Bachelor of Science, Master of Science Management Information Systems –
Bachelor of Science
American InterContinental University Online
AIU Online’s accelerated associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs allow you to earn your degree quickly:
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology in just 13 months
Master’s Degree in Information Technology in just 10 months
Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) in just 8 months
Art Institute Online
The Art Institute Online is a division of the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, established in 1921. AIO’s classes are asynchronous: Students login to their classes on a regular basis, without regard to their physical location or time of day. We can extend the benefit of our education in the creative and applied arts to adults whose full personal and professional lives, geographic location or physical abilities limit their ability to attend classes traditionally. All a student needs is access to the Internet and the specified computer hardware and software.
DeVry University Online
DeVry University provides high-quality, career-oriented undergraduate and graduate degree programs in business, technology, and management.
ITT Tech Online
ITT Tech, a leading provider of technology education, provides you programs focused on: Technology Emphasis is placed on helping students begin to develop skills and knowledge in technical areas that can have practical value in the workplace.
Career-Instruction is provided on job-seeking and job-keeping skills and techniques.
Convenience-Classes you need when you need them. ITT Tech classes help make it easier for students to work part-time and meet the other demands of life.
Keller Graduate School of Management of DeVry University
Keller Graduate School of Management of DeVry University is uniquely positioned to serve the education and training needs of working adult students and, through its Center for Corporate Education, employers.
Earn your degree from an accredited top-ranked University – Regis University, Jacksonville University, and Saint Leo University. Accelerated degree programs – get your degree in less than 2 years. Flexible online courses with streaming video lectures – don’t stop working to get the degree you need.
University of Phoenix Online
The University of Phoenix Online offers a unique approach to adult education that helps students balance the demands of their busy lives while earning a college degree. By taking classes close to home at night, or on the weekend, busy adults can find the time they need to maintain their current life and earn their degree.
Distance Learning Directory of Schools Online Degrees Programs
Distance learning programs by the Directory of Schools get online degrees from online schools.
Capella University Online
You don’t have to drop out of life to enroll in your future. Capella University is an accredited online university built to fit around your busy schedule. You’ll find a collaborative environment and a focus on high quality academic work that has immediate professional relevance. Capella provides comprehensive support to each learner—from your first inquiry to graduation and beyond. Study at your convenience—day or night—via innovative online learning systems. Start your future now